An 83-year old woman was reportedly rescued from a twelve bedroom bungalow razed by fire in Onitsha, Anambra State.
The apartment, located at No. 36 New Market road Onitsha, was said to have went up in flames following a kerosene explosion.
The Nation learnt that documents of the occupants and property worth millions of naira were lost to the fire incident.
A resident of the area, who simply identified himself as Ebuka, said the explosion occurred when an elderly occupant of the building ignited light on a stove he was about to cook with.
“He had bought a kerosene suspected to be adulterated which he poured inside the stove and lit light when the stove suddenly exploded,” he said. Read more