Fire gutted a section of Binukonu Ultra Modern Market, Ojota in Lagos in the early hours of Friday, destroying goods and property worth millions of Naira.
This was the third fire incident at the market in three years. Previous incidents occurred in 2015 and November 2017.
Friday’s fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, started at 1.30am and razed over fifty stalls in the market.
At 4.10am when our correspondent arrived at the scene, firefighters who came with two trucks from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency ( LASEMA ) were seen putting out the blaze, which was still raging. Read more