Four days after a seven-storey building collapsed in Port Harcourt, workers clearing the rubble rescued a middle-aged man alive on Monday night.
The workers also recovered a corpse at about the same time that the survivor was removed from the wreckage.
The man, who had been trapped under the rubble since 5.30pm on Friday, was said to have been singing praises when his faint voice was heard by the workers.
It was gathered that the voice of the survivor was picked from a small opening in the rubble before the workers began to find a way to save him.
The Public Relations Officers, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Rivers State, Mr Akin Oguntuase, told our correspondent that the survivor would not have been saved if not for his song, which was heard by volunteers working on the site. Read more