The Organised Labour Wednesday insisted that it will proceed with its planned warning strike over the the inability of the Federal Government to continue negotiation on minimum wage.
Attempts by the Federal Government to persuade the leadership of the organised labour could not yield any positive results.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige disclosed this to journalists after meeting behind closed door with some members of Tripartite Committee.
It was reliably gathered that the meeting was to persuade the labour leaders to consider their position on the planned strike and also to update them on government decision.
Ngige said that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration is a labour friendly government, adding that it had been shown in many ways.
He said, “One of the ways that we are going to show it is by implementing the new national minimum wage and this we need to fix a base for the lowest paid worker in Nigeria. Read more