Turaki, SAN, has a number of things in his favour. Clean and untainted by the stain of corruption, the former Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North East has age on his side and possesses creative ideas on how to solve the country’s multifarious problem.
A strong believer in the restructure the country along the lines of resource control, fiscal federalism, statism or regionalism or devolution of powers, Turaki, promises to achieve the following if given PDP’s mandate and eventually elected Nigeria’s President:
1. Securing the people economically and ensure the protection of lives and properties of citizens, as well as return the people to the virtues of patriotism, nationalism and being our brother’s keepers.
2. Ensure Rule of Law and natural justice.
3. Frontally tackle the menace of corruption in a holistic manner.
4. Provide critical infrastructure for national development.
5. Open up the economy to attract investment that will create job opportunities for our teeming youth.