Anambra State government says there is no lockdown in the state. Responding to enquiries from people calling government officials on the matter, Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment, Mr C. Don Adinuba said in a statement that the rumour of the lockdown purported to begin from 9 am on Monday, April 6, 2020 is not only false but also unfounded.
“This rumour is false and unfounded. The government has not changed its policy on the measures taken to protect our people from the coronavirus which is devastating the world, including Nigeria,” says the statement.
Adinuba further states that Ndi Anambra are enjoined to continue to maintain social distancing by keeping away from people by 6 feet.
They are, he stated, also encouraged to regularly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap, and pour the water away if it is in a bowel.
“They are, in addition, advised not to dry their hands with handkerchief or towel because it may be infected. They are also encouraged to use hand sanitiser often. They are enjoined to cover their mouths and noses with disposable tissues while coughing or sneezing. The use of face masks everywhere they go is highly advised.
“Buses and tricycles remain restricted to the limited number of passengers they are allowed to carry. Our boundaries with other states remain closed,” he stated.
He explained that Ndi Anambra have complied very well with the guidelines and directives by the government on the coronavirus.
“This is one of the critical reasons why our state has so far been spared the scourge of COVID-19. Let us continue to make Anambra the safest state in Nigeria in every sense of the expression. God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation”.