Marcus Smart is coronavirus free. The Celtics guard, one of 10 NBA players known to have contracted COVID-19, announced Sunday on Twitter he has been “Corona Free as of two days ago” and has been cleared by the Massachusetts Department of Health.
“Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and prayers and I’m doing the same for everyone that’s been effected by this,” the 26-year-old Smart wrote. “Stay safe and together-apart! Much love.”
He was told he was positive on March 19 and had been self-quarantined after being tested five days prior for coronavirus, announcing the news in a social media video. At the time Smart said he was “OK” and not feeling any symptoms. (Text courtesy NYPost)