The Lagos State Ministry of Justice has arrested 229 suspects that allegedly took part in the mayhem in Lagos State in the aftermath of the Lekki Toll Plaza incident on Tuesday night.
The ministry said in a statement said that it would prosecute suspects that took advantage of the #EndSARS protest to destroy and loot public and private properties in different parts of the state.
The statement, signed by Mr Kayode Oyekanmi, the Director of Public Affairs, was made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Saturday.
“The Lagos State Director of the Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mrs Olayinka Adeyemi, has gone round relevant Police formations with a team of prosecutors to evaluate files of those arrested by the police with a view to determine those that have prima facie case made against them.
“So far, 229 suspects have been arrested by the police for various criminal offences ranging from arson, murder, stealing, malicious damage of properties and assault before and after the state-wide curfew.” (Guardian)