As the field widens and the battle hots up in the lead up to picking a PDP flag bearer, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, Senior Advocate of Nigeria and former minister is looking increasingly like the man to beat.
Focused and determined, KTT has not only opened up wide consultations across all states of the federation he has articulated a clear plan of action beyond merely declaring his intentions.
A strong believer in the need to restructure the country along the lines of resource control, fiscal federalism, statism or regionalism and devolution of powers, Turaki promises to achieve the following if given PDP’s mandate and eventually elected Nigeria’s President:
1. Securing the people economically and ensure the protection of lives and properties of citizens, as well as return the people to the virtues of patriotism, nationalism and being our brothers keepers.
2. Ensuring the Rule of Law and natural justice.
3. Frontally tackling the menace of corruption in a holistic manner.
4. Providing critical infrastructure for national development.
5. Opening up the economy to attract investment that will create job opportunities for our teeming youth.