Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (KTT), who is clearly emerging as frontline candidate for the PDP has a few positives in his favour which give him a clear advantage over other candidates who have signfied interest from within his party.
1. No corruption: The former minister and Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North East, is unusual for a Nigerian politician. KTT is the only candidate untainted by allegations or charges of corruption. Nigeria needs such a man at a time like this.
2. Age is on his side: With the average age of 60 for many of those signifying their interest, KTT remains the most youthful and does not need to walk 1000 meters to prove it.
3. He is a SAN: A Senior Advocate of Nigeria title is conferred on you by your peers who have recognised in you the nest attributes of a legal practitioner. KTT is a member of the Silk club.
4. He is prepared and ready for the job: KTT has not just signigied his intention, he has articulated a clear set of Action Plans that he will implement once elected president showimg clearly that he possesses creative ideas on how to solve the country’s multifarious problems.
5. National Outlook: KTT is the only candidate who has undertaken a national consultation tour to declare his intention and feel the pulse of the people in order to fully understand, firat hand, the challenges that face the people thus showing that he is not going to be a regional, sectional or tribal leader.