Confusion trails drowning of two in Lagos flood

by Editor2
32 views 1 minutes read

Officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, on Sunday, continued the search for two residents said to have been swept away by flood at Oyebanjo Solarin Street, in the Ketu area of the state.

PUNCH Metro, however, gathered that neither the agency nor residents of the area could ascertain the identities of the victims.

While some residents told our correspondent that the victims were a father and his child, others said they were young ladies.

LASEMA claimed in a statement that the two missing persons were children, adding that the agency received distress calls about the incident around 8 pm on Saturday.

The statement read in part, โ€œThe agency received distress calls and on arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that around 8pm on Saturday, two children had been swept away by the flood.

โ€œA joint team of responders comprising LASEMA, Lagos Fire Service and LASAMBUS were at the scene. The agencyโ€™s Tiger Team commenced a search-and-rescue operation along the path of the floodwater. Initial observations revealed a sloping topography with a direct channel of drain water into the canal. This has proved to be rather challenging to navigate.โ€ (Punch)

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.