FG threatens to shut down 106 radio, television stations (Punch)

by Editor3
31 views 1 minutes read

The Federal Government has threatened to shut down 106 radio and television stations in the country.

The National Broadcasting Commission,  which issued the threat on behalf of the Federal Government,  accused the stations of owing the commission the sum of N4,517,535,961.

The Head of Public Affairs at the commission, Mrs. Maimuna Jimada, who said this in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Friday, said that the affected radio and television stations had been notified.

She, however, refused to release the names of the indebted stations.

Jimada said that the affected stations were given three weeks to pay their debts, adding that the three-week notice was issued on February 23, 2017. Read more

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.