Suicide bomber kills two in southeast Iran (Guardian)

by Editor3
26 views 1 minutes read

A suicide bomber killed at least two people and wounded many more outside police headquarters in the port city of Chabahar in restive southeastern Iran on Thursday, according to a revised official toll.

Chabahar lies in Sistan-Baluchistan province which has long been a flashpoint, with Pakistan-based Baluchi separatists and Sunni Muslim extremists carrying out cross-border attacks targeting the Shiite authorities.

โ€œThis terrorist act led to the martyrdom of two members of the police force,โ€ the provinceโ€™s deputy governor in charge of security, Mohammad Hadi Marashi, told state television.

Chabahar city governor Rahmdel Bameri said earlier that four people were killed and many more wounded when the bomber blew up a car, but later revised the death toll to two.

โ€œThe explosion was very strong and broke the glass of many buildings close by,โ€ Bameri told state television.

Many nearby shop owners and civilian passers-by, including women and children, were severely wounded, he added. Read more

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.