The fact that Evelyn Joshua, wife of the recently deceased TB Joshua is now in charge of The Synagogue Church of All Nation (SCOAN) is not in doubt.
And as if to dispel any such notions, the woman who was named head of the church delivered a special address to the church and members. Here are 5 key things she said:
1. My husband is still the General Overseer: I am not your General Overseer, my dear husband and our father, the prophet of generations; Senior Prophet TB Joshua remains the founder and General Overseer of SCOAN.
2. Things have been tough: This past three months have been challenging. But we thank you all for being strong and for keeping the faith as we have been built, trained and instructed by the servant of God that trials are the soil upon which faith flourishes
3. This is a new dawn for SCOAN: Today is a new dawn in the SCOAN. We have now commenced the journey from where our father left. He had already prepared us all for this new phase and we must rise up to the occasion as a team under the command of God and the direction of the Holy Spirit.
4. I am a servant to SCOAN: I am only a servant who by the direction of the Holy Spirit, will team up with you all to direct the affairs of this great ministry. We will work, pray, fight the fight of faith together, win together so that we all can inherit the everlasting home.
5. Church services to resume soon: I know that we all have missed the congregation of our brethren for the past one and a half years but let me assure you that as God leads, we shall all soon converge again and worship God together as a family. So watch out.