A man has ended up in hospital with a severe fungal infection in his lungs caused by sniffing his socks.
The unnamed man from China would take a whiff every day at the end of work.
As he was changing into more comfortable clothing, he would take off his smelly socks and inhale the odour.
As a result he caught an infection from a fungus that had developed in his footwear from his sweaty feet and spread to his lungs when he breathed in the spores.
The man was admitted as an emergency case to the hospital in the city of Zhangzhou where an x-ray confirmed him suffering from a severe lung infection and he has been kept in for treatment. Read more