The Police Command in Ogun, has reassured motorists that the command would not leave any stone unturned to ensure their safety on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Command’s spokesman, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, gave the assurance in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Ota, Ogun.
Oyeyemi spoke while reacting to a kidnap attempt by suspected kidnappers on Wednesday on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
NAN reports that the police on Wednesday engaged suspected kidnappers in a gun duel on the highway and eventually forced the hoodlums to run away.
Oyeyemi said the police would not fold their hands and allow hoodlums to take over the highway because it was one of the busiest and most important roads in the country.
“The Police are doing everything possible to make sure that serious and adequate security arrangements are put in place on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,” he said.
The PPRO said the Commissioner of Police in the State, Lanre Bankole, and the Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Mr Adebowale Williams, went to the scene where the police foiled the attempted kidnapping.
Oyeyemi also said that the police had foiled a kidnap attempt by suspected kidnappers last year and recovered three AK 47 rifles.
He advised motorists to be vigilant and refrain from night travels to prevent such avoidable incidents. (NAN)