Thailand nightclub fire kills at least 13 and injures dozens

At least 13 people were killed and 41 others injured after a fire swept through a nightclub in Chonburi province in south-eastern Thailand. The fire broke out at 01:00 local time on Friday (18:00 GMT Thursday) at the Mountain B…

Fire guts Port Harcourt mall section

There was pandemonium at the Port Harcourt Mall, the largest and most popular shopping center in the Rivers State capital, following a fire incident on Wednesday morning. It was gathered that the fire which resulted from a faulty air conditioner,…

Fire razes Accord Party Gov candidate’s residence

Fire has razed the residence of Osun governorship candidate of Accord party, Dr Akin Ogunbiyi ahead of Saturday’s poll. The fire started at the private room of Ogunbiyi at Ile-Ogbo in Ayedire Local Government area around 7:45pm on Sunday before…

Fire guts Lagos warehouse, destroys property

Fire has gutted a warehouse on Broad Street, in the CMS area of Victoria Island, Lagos State. The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday. He stated that the fire…

Tension as engine of Lagos-bound plane catches fire mid-air

A major air accident was averted when an Overland Airways aircraft made an emergency landing at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Lagos, from Ilorin International Airport in Kwara State.  The incident happened on Wednesday night when one of the engines…

Fire kills 11 newborn babies at Senegal hospital

Senegal’s President Macky Sall said on Wednesday that 11 newborn babies died in a fire at the neonatal section of a regional hospital in the town of Tivaouane, around 120 kilometers east of the capital Dakar. “I have just learned…

Deborah Yakubu lynching: We are not all human beings- Tara Aisida

I read of the killing of Deborah Yakubu, the girl that was set ablaze by her classmates at the  Shehu Shagari College of Education in Sokoto on Thursday the 12th day of May, 2022 and saw the image of her…

Shops razed as midnight fire guts Ladipo market

A midnight fire on Saturday gutted a shopping plaza in the popular spare parts market in the Ladipo area of Lagos State. It was gathered that the fire incident occurred early Saturday morning and affected a one-storey building, the Aguiyi…

An angel saved us from fire, but everyone says I imagined it

This happened to me years ago. I had just got a new house help, whom I was putting through many things, one of which was how to use the gas cooker. But after a few days, she just couldn’t learn…

Yobe: Humanitarian Minister condoles with market fire victims

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq has sympathized with victims of the fire incident that razed the Central market, Nguru, in Yobe State. In a statement by the Special Assistant on Media, Nneka…

thisislagos.ng is the number one site on all things Lagos. It will curate and aggregate news about Lagos - the city and the state as well as the people of the city. It will become the pre-eminent news site covering Lagos and its people, businesses and personalities, events and celebrations, celebrities and criminals. thisislagos.ng will be the beating heart of Lagos when it comes to news. If it’s not here, it’s not Lagos. thisislagos.ng covers Lagos like no other site. We are democratic, non-partisan, all Lagos! Itesiwaju eko!!!
Categories